Tuesday, June 24, 2003

pseudo drumming.

well, i'm finished day 2 of my training at Yes I Can. i'm pretty exhausted. i went from waking up at 12, to waking up at 6 30 (if i wanna shower in the morning). the people that are there are pretty nice, but sometimes it feels wierd. whatever. but i'm really glad that steph is there with me. :) i miss ysm. i compare training here with the training there, and it's different. i miss ian. the head woman person's name is shannon, and she is definitely not ian. at all. i miss the christian community centre. this place is pretty pagan. or at least some of the people are. hahaha. it's just really different. but then again, it has only been 2 days. i won't jump to any conclusions just yet.

quite honestly, i'm getting a little scared for next wednesday. (that's the first day of work). there seems to be so many things to keep in mind. we were learning about the ABCs of behaviour and whatever. forward/backward learning. hhaha...and i'm so tired i don't even take in half the stuff they talk about. but yes. i'm getting a little scared. because, each kid is so different i truly have no idea what to expect at all. AT ALL. so if y'all could please pray for me, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

oh yes. as for "pseudo drumming". so guess who's the drummer for worship next sunday...hahaha. me. hahahaahha. hahahahaha. hahahhahahahhahahahaha. i think this is funny. :) so today for worship practice tim was mentioning how there was no drummer since people are away at camp (which btw, i am going to, then leaving, then going back to). :) so completely jokingly i was like "i could play drums". well, he took me up on that offer good, and the next thing i know joanne's at the piano and i'm sitting at the drums!! aiyah!! well, there's always a first for everything. i'm not very good - i basically taught myself how to play (aside from like, 2 beats). it's funny because during the last three weeks i've been a singer, pianist and now a drummer. God is definitely pushing me out of my comfort zone. and i'll admit it's a little awkward and i'm definitely not "comforttable" (because i'm not in my comfort zone), but if God wants me to be there this sunday, that's where i'll be. and i'll give it my all. because that is what He deserves.

well, it's bedtime for me...i've been going to bed extra early lately. g'nite! :)

0 comments: