Friday, September 19, 2003

music for my soul...

today in my intro to music therapy class we listened to Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings and it hit me smack dab in my gut. i don't know what it was about this piece of music but it totally captured me and my attention and didn't let me go until the last note. we were told to close our eyes and just visualize mental images while the music played, and just hearing everyone's interpretations was really amazing and super cool.

there's something about music that reaches deep down inside of you - more than any words ever could. something about it that speaks to the very insides of your being. something that allows it to unleash feelings that you might not have ever realized you felt...now i'm not talking about the music you hear on the radio (although some of that stuff is pretty good) but i'm talking about the real juicy music that leaves you feeling a sense of satisfaction...

ah, music....*sigh* need i say more? :)

0 comments: