Friday, March 19, 2004

acquaintances vs. friends

i've learned a lot during my time here in waterloo...more about myself, more about others, and more about how others and myself relate to each other. i've gotten more of a clearer picture of who my acquaintances are, and who my friends are. to me, being friends with someone is more than just labelling them as a "friend", so for me it takes a lot for me to call someone a friend - which is probably a protective thing i've picked up over the years. sometime's it's a little sad to think of the friendships which have slowly turned into "aquaintanceships" but it's also been great meeting new people and having "friends" turn into friends. and then there are the others which are in a category of their own (ie. "good friends") - those who have continued to be a source of constant encouragement and support to me amongst other things.

to the good friends - *nothing in my head seems good enough to say...*
to the friends - thank you for your friendship. it means more than you know. :)
to the aquaintances - i hope that God will bless your friendships like He has blessed mine.

i guess God brings people in and out of your life for a reason. it's tough at times, but slowly i'm learning to let go and embrace and be thankful for what God has given me in the present. :)

as for the term "best friend", it's reserved for only Jesus. ;)

0 comments: