Wednesday, June 08, 2005

a good mistake?

so i purchased my tsoundcheck tickets today and instead of giving them only $20 for the two tickets, i mistakenly donated an extra $20 to the toronto symphony orchestra. ooooooops. i didn't catch my mistake until i received an e-mail from the tsoundcheck people thanking me for my donation. i'm sure my facial expression must have been an interesting one. hahaha. ah well, at least i'll get a tax receipt, the board of directors will match my donation, and i get an invite for me and friend to watch an open rehearsal during the 2005/2006 season.

oh yah. and i made a donation to the toronto symphony orchestra... ;)

to be completely honest with everyone, i was a little upset with myself for making that mistake, but at least it was for a good cause...geez, i could slap myself right now. i was upset at myself for accidentally making a donation for a good cause. man, i really need to be more giving. donating definitely shouldn't be viewed as a mistake. ooooops. as for my "mistake", i guess it could have been worse; i could have mistakenly donated $200 instead of $20, which i suppose would have been great for the TSO but not so great for myself - i just don't have that kind of money...i'm a student! :P

on a more serious note, i'm actually really looking forward to this concert. we (my mom and i) are going down to roy thompson hall to see the thursday night show featuring music by debussy and ravel, my two favourite french composers. i'm pretty excited...it'll be a good concert for sure. :)

0 comments: