Friday, October 14, 2005

pizza and glutony.

today after my physiology lab was finished and i was on my home, i decided that i was not going to cook lunch for myself today (thursday). why? because it was already past 1pm and i had my linguistics midterm at 4pm. that and i was too lazy to do so. so, i decided to look for food places on the way back to my place from school, and that was when i saw it: the pizza pizza on university ave.

as i neared pizza pizza, i almost changed my mind and went to mcdonnell village instead (or whatever that place is called) because i thought it might be healthier. but i really had a craving for pizza, so my id told my superego to go away (ha! take that intro to clinical psych!) and i opened the door to pizza pizza and walked in only to see eugene about to pay for what looked like a whole crapload of pizza slices. our conversation went something like this:

me: hey euge!
euge: hey sharon! hey, did you know that pepperoni slices are only one dollar?!
me: *eyes wide open in shock and utter happiness* what??! are you serious? why the promotion?
euge: yah! oh it's their 103 anniversary or something!
me: awesome! is it just for today?
euge: yah!
me: this is the best news i've heard all day!!
euge: yah seriously! i'm buying like fifteen.
me and euge: *grinning broadly like any chinese would due to an incredible deal*


bah hah. i couldn't believe my luck; i had no idea this dollar thing was happening at all!

at first i thought he was joking but no, he did end up buying fourteen. (he claimed they weren't all for him. right.) and the pizza slices were really a dollar. ONE DOLLAR/slice. how sick is that? forget the fact i forgot my labcoat for my physiology lab this morning and had to rent one for $2 which was gross, raunchy and had yellow stuff (don't even want to think of what it could have been) all along the left arm that i had to wear for 2 hours, the dollar/slice thing totally made my day. :)

i bought 2 pepperoni slices of pizza which came to a grand total of $2.17. and i ended up eating both slices for lunch. i then afterwards felt mildly sick. (really, for my standards it was more like 4 pieces, since they slice "one piece" into two...)

how could i help myself? it's not everyday they're selling these gems for a DOLLAR! i had to take advantage and buy two slices, and since they were both there, i had to eat them. both.

ok, so maybe 'gluttony' is a little bit of an exaggeration, but i doubt i'll be having pizza again at least for the next month. :P *sigh* gotta love good deals.

0 comments: