Monday, May 29, 2006

music and bubbletea

tonight my church had a fundraiser for habitat for humanity. there were three performers and i was one of them...errr, to be completely honest, i was more like last minute add-in. oh well, at least i got to share my music with everyone. :) i ended up singing a song i wrote myself this afternoon (i was literally a last minute add-in.) there's something about performing an original piece of music in front of people that is so much more intimidating than performing a precomposed song. it's as if during the moments the music is playing, your heart is completely vulnerable and at the mercy of the audience. it was my first time singing one of my own songs in front of people so i was pretty nervous. i was scared that everyone would hate it or think it was cheesy, but it turned out ok. people actually liked it! (and no one said anything about it sounding cheesy at all.) *phew*

anyway, afterwards some of us went to tenren's for some bubbletea. yum! it was quite the entertaining conversation; we reminisced about old memories, uncovered juicy information about a certain someone (heehee), met new people, and saw familiar faces. after laughing until my cheeks hurt, talking until my voice started to get a little hoarse, and finishing the last of my strawberry milk tea, i decided to call it a night and head home. what a long day.

all in all, a great night. :)

0 comments: