Friday, May 12, 2006

an open door number three...

a couple of weeks ago i went for an interview at bloorview kids rehab (formerly known as bloorview macmillan children's centre) for the part-time music therapy internship position. at the time the supervisor said that there were other applicants, so she wouldn't have an answer for me until early may sometime (my interview was during the last week of april). bloorview was the only internship site that really caught my eye and attention, and as a result it was the only one i actually applied for. needless to say i was pretty nervous while i waiting for her answer. well, i got a call her from her on wednesday and it turns out that i got the internship! :D

*h u g e sigh of relief*

so after everything that has happened leading up to this point, i'm 100% convinced that God's plan for my life includes me working in music therapy for at least another year or so. two months ago i would have disliked this plan (my plan was to leave the field for good), but today i couldn't be any happier, excited, or feel any more at peace with the ways things turned out. sure at times i still feel a little nervous and confused over some things, but ultimately i know that i'm in good hands and that makes everything ok. :)
_____________________

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

0 comments: