Thursday, July 27, 2006

tastes like burning.

i've wanted to use listerine for the longest time, but could never put up with its foul taste. i mean, the original (yellow) tastes like ke-rap, the green one tastes like mint on crack, and the blue one makes me want to shoot myself in the head. needless to say, i was really happy when they came out with a new flavour, vanilla mint.

ah, vanilla mint. it sounded so non-threatening and even said 'less intense taste' right on the label, so the next time i was at shoppers i picked up the little bottle to give it a try.

the first time i tried it, i decided to swish around 20mL of the stuff (because that is what's recommended for "full strength") and for the first 10 seconds it was great, but then this burning sensation started happening which caused my eyes to water and my taste buds to cry out for help. i think i stood there spitting into the sink for a good minute afterwards. my conclusion: vanilla mint, the listerine with the supposedly less-intense taste, still tastes like burning. aghhh.

no matter, i've decided that i'm going to keep on using it until my gums start to callouse up. haha.

*shudders*

0 comments: