Sunday, May 31, 2009

the lengthened version

this is the longer version of how justin ended up standing in the middle of a pool in waterloo with no shoes as told from my point of view.

last weekend (may 23-24) i went to flint, michigan (birch run, baby!) with two of my best friends, jo & adrienne, for a roadtrip filled with craploads of junk food, candy, shopping, greasy food, and good times. :) on the way back from the states, they made up an excuse to drop by waterloo and so we went there without me suspecting anything.

when we got into waterloo they said that they had to meet someone in waterloo park so we made our way there. when we got out of our car, we kept walking further and further into the park and i began wondering what this person we were meeting was actually doing. we kept walking down the path, crossed a bridge, and finally came to a fork in the path.

i followed jo & adrienne down one path until i started noticing flower petals on the ground. at this point i stopped and was like, "what's going on?" both jo & adrienne didn't answer me - instead they smiled and said, "i think you've got to walk this part by yourself" and pushed me forward. they then ran away leaving me there all by myself.

at this point i was starting to clue into what was happening and continued walking up the path knowing what was going to take place, but not entirely sure what to expect. anyway, i finally got to the end of the path where there was a clearing with a pool of water on one side and as soon as i got into the clearing, i heard a guitar playing. i looked around and saw justin with his dress pants rolled up, walking towards me in the water with his guitar in his arms and a huge smile on his face.

he then sang me two songs (during which time i cried like a baby), then continued walking towards me, put his guitar down, got out of the water, hugged me, then got down on one knee, asked me to marry him, and i said "yes!" then there were hugs, kisses, and smiles all around.

...and that is the story of how my boyfriend became my fiance. :)

1 comments:

justin said...

okay your version is better than mine :)