Thursday, September 10, 2009

mac ot o-week: day three

wow, this week has gone by fast! i can't believe i'm almost finished my first week at mac - one more day to go! :O so far things have been going well, so i really can't complain. my classmates seem really nice so it's been great meeting them and getting to know some of them better. actually, despite thinking that i probably wouldn't attend a lot of the optional o-week events, i ended up going to all of them sans tonight's program on account of my tired and weary legs.

oh my legs. let me tell you about my poor legs.

so this past week i've been doing sooooo much walking which has resulted in achy and exhausted legs. mcmaster is about 30mins away from my apartment walking at a good pace and i, on average, have been going back and forth from school about twice a day in addition to walking around campus and all that other stuff. why? because apparently i have terrible planning skills, haha. so after walking about 12km today, 15km yesterday, and 14km the day before, i just did not have the confidence in my legs to go back to school tonight even though i was planning to go to. (tonight's event was going to boston pizza for dinner with the PT students.)

oh well, it worked out for the best and i managed to be productive even though i have no work to do (for now). i ended up having dinner with my housemate (which was really nice, i like her), and then i cleaned up my room and swept the floor, swept the floor of the bathroom and kitchen, and took out the garbage. oh yah, then when i went upstairs to return the dustpan, i had a conversation with the babysitter looking after my landlord's kids since they were out tonight. it would have been good to go out with the OTs and PTs tonight, but having this time to chit-chat and relax, as well as giving my legs a chance to recover was nice too. :)

0 comments: