Wednesday, November 04, 2009

i...

- am officially not pursuing my MTA (music therapist accreditation) anymore.
after getting an e-mail from my supervisor a couple months back, i very honestly let her know where i was at and she wrote back today saying that she completely understood and i'm completely relieved that she doesn't hate me (she still wants to meet up so this is a good sign.) :) it took at lot of thinking and rethinking and talking to multiple people (ranging from justin to family to my faculty advisor), but ultimately i think i made the right decision for myself. i'm at peace with it and i'm glad everything is working out. :)

- am starting my first placement the monday after next monday.
i'm feeling pretty nervous, but excited. looking forward to being at a hospital (yay!) and finally being able to see and experience firsthand what an OT does not only as a volunteer, but as a student.

- am i'm getting more used to hamilton now.
...but i will still continue coming back to toronto every weekend. fo shizzle.

- am making tuna casserole for dinner tomorrow.
i eat dinner with my housemates so we all only have to cook for each other once a week since there are four of us and fridays we don't eat together. so far it's been working out great! and, my goodness, i've never eaten so well at school before. or cooked such good food - it always used to be either (the same) kind of pasta or instant noodles, haha. i still have much to learn, but justin and i will reap the rewards of my living in this house and having to up my game in cooking later on, i'm sure. :P

- am still loving OT.
it's been two months since i started school, and i can honestly say that the switch from MT to OT has been the best switch for me. i don't necessarily like every single little thing, but i'm generally really enjoying occupational therapy and i feel so much happier doing what i'm doing now compared to three months ago. it makes me kind of sad because i really do feel that music therapy has a lot of offer, but it just really solidifies the fact that it just wasn't for me. if anything, a lot of my thoughts towards music therapy are more positive now that i'm no longer working in the field. i will definitely refer people to music therapy where other people can do MT sessions with them, haha.

- really need to get back to work.
later dayz. :)

0 comments: