Wednesday, May 12, 2010

i heart sara



sara bareilles released her new single off her upcoming album this past monday and i love it! i love everything about it - the lyrics, the instrumentation, the overall feel...in fact, i don't even mind that the melody has been stuck in my head for the past two days.

here's what she had to say about it (taken from popeater.com):
"'King of Anything' is sort of a 'f**k you' song," jokes Bareilles. "I've had more unsolicited advice on my life than I care to mention, and this was how I dealt with it. It felt empowering to turn that frustration into music, especially a song that doesn't even sound angry. That's sort of what 'Love Song' was as well. Apparently, I don't get over things very quickly."

bahaha, how could you not love her?

anyway, i think she is great. i saw her in toronto two years ago but nothing really happened since then, so i'm excited that she released this single. plus, if this song is indicative of what's to come, i think her new album is going to be awesome. :)

click here to listen to "king of anything" - enjoy!

0 comments: