Friday, May 02, 2014

The MacBook and the Air

The story of the tortoise and the hare ends with (spoiler alert!) the tortoise winning the race, however, in this 'Apple laptop version of the story', it's the Air that wins.

After seven (yes, seven) years with my trusty old white 13" MacBook, I finally bit the bullet and, as of today, I am starting a new relationship with an 11" MacBook Air. I'm still keeping my old one until it is run into the ground (I'm actually using it right now), but it hasn't really been functioning as a laptop for a year now (it's more like a desktop since the battery doesn't keep a charge for very long anymore and the power adaptor port is busted so we can't move the chord otherwise the connection is lost and the battery stops charging, lol) so I'm quite excited to have a real laptop again. The possibilities are endless! Even so, I'm still hoping that Old Trusty has a few years left in there somewhere. (Colour me sentimental, heh.)

As for the switch from 13" to 11", I was a little worried that I'd miss the 2" of screen space, but so far it's been a non-issue. I suppose only time will tell whether it will become a real irritant or not so stay tuned!

0 comments: