Thursday, August 03, 2017

Kindness

I recently saw someone I knew roughly sixteen years ago from my first "real job" in high school; he had suffered a stroke and was on he unit I was providing coverage for this week. Despite the years gone by and his stroke, he was still just as lovely and kind as I remembered him being. Before leaving the hospital on my second (and last) day covering the unit, I went to see him to disclose (to him and his wife) that I actually recognized him and remembered him from my high school days (to which he said, "Oh that's what you look familiar!") It has been a couple days since I last saw him, but I'm still running through our conversation in my mind and he is still very much in my thoughts. We may have had a brief encounter, but it was full of significance (at least from my end).

The kindness he showed to me and to others in the past left an impression on me and I hope I was able to reciprocate the same kindness back to him.

0 comments: