Tuesday, November 12, 2002

currently: procrastinating all my reading for as long as possible...ahhh...so much...

today was a pretty good one. i went to psychology (i didn't go at all last week). it turns out that what i was reading yesterday in order to catch up, was a chapter that my teacher isn't even teaching! goodness. but oh well. i was reading about consciousness and it was pretty interesting. even more so now, now that i know it's not gonna count for anything. *sigh* what can u do? then i went for lunch and i ate with justin, dawn, alex and amy. it was pretty nice getting to sit down and chat for a while...before the noon concert at maureen forrester recital hall. so that was pretty...interesting. flamenco dancing. it was okay i suppose. i don't really know enough about dance or anything like that to REALLY appreciate the program as much as others could have. :/ but some parts were really well done. the violinist was really good. very into the music and i thought he played really well. very expressively. that's probably what i liked most about the concert. :) anyways, then it was back to my dorm to do a little reading for philosophy before choir. we got let out early from choir today as the conductor did sectionals for the last part of rehearsal today - and it wasn't my section. sweet deal. :) so i left early. then i ate dinner with justin in the caf. and that was nice too. better than the usual, instant noodles. hehehe....(yah...u know it's true.) :)

anyways! i just checked my marks and i'm doing okay :) i'm soooooo happy with my program and everything - i know that there is always room for improvement but i'm satisfied with my marks at the moment. although, i won't stop trying...so hopefully the marks won't go down but up! funny thing is that i got 10% higher on my 2nd psychology test even when i only read one out of the three chapters. hahaha. and the first test i read all three chapters. i'll never study for psych again. ahhaha. just joking. :P i just need my marks for my piano lessons/masterclasses and choir - but i think they should be pretty good...hopefully :) but seriously, i'm so happy where i am right now. for those choosing what to go into for university...totally lift it up to God. He'll show you where to go. who woulda thought, my back-up plan would become my first choice? and i wouldn't have it any other way. i remember i felt something urging me to go into music, but i totally hesitated and wished that God had a different plan for me - preferably the same plan that i had for myself. last november, i didn't even put music or laurier as one of my university choices. but ever since i decided to go in this direction - to give up my own wants, aspirations and ambitions - things just kinda came together better. i look back at my past - my experiences, my memories, my conversations - and i totally see God's hand there. He's really something. now, i can't imagine myself anywhere else, taking anything else. i just can't. and i couldn't be any happier. God knows what's best for you. just leave it to Him, trust Him, follow Him...and enjoy the ride. :)

0 comments: