Tuesday, March 18, 2003

currently: listening to jars of clay - the eleventh hour

i don't know why, but ever since my last blog i've been thinking about BC a lot. like...A LOT. and i've been getting really excited every time i think of that province. it's really strange. i'm seriously thinking that after i've graduated, God may want me to move there or something like that. i dunno. we'll hafta see. i'm only a froshie. we'll see where He takes me and where He doesn't take me. :)

anyway, i did all my course selection stuff and handed everything thing. so that's done. *phew* so i basically spent the afternoon running around between the science building and the music building trying to get everything sorted out and get approvals and signatures needed. glad that's over. :) and my schedule is pretty much set. i'm taking guitar techniques next year. :) i'm excited! and i'm looking forward to the introductory music therapy course - that way when people ask what it is, i'll be able to give them a better answer than my usual, "uhmmmm...it's therapying people music". :P hahaha. it just doesn't seem adequate enough...

OOOH!! i pretty much have a job in the summer. :) i'll be working at a summer camp called "Yes I Can". i'm really looking forward to it. :) Yes I Can is pretty much a government funded camp where 80% of the kids there are mentally handicapped. the age group goes from 2.5-6 yrs old. it just so happens that they were looking for someone with music background...so part of my job would be to lead a music circle (or something rather) and teaching really simple songs to the kids! (which they'd provide me with). so it runs from the end of june (i get a week of training) to the beginning/middle of august. and while i'm not necessarily getting paid the biggest amount of money, i'll be gaining experience which i think is worth a lot more. i'm really excited about this :) God is amazing - His timing is perfect.

He is perfect. :)

0 comments: