Wednesday, March 26, 2003

faith.

"well i will walk by faith
even when i cannot see
because this broken road
prepares Your will for me." - jeremy camp

these lyrics have just been going through my head tonight. all night long. i wasn't even gonna blog, i was just gonna go to bed...but these words wouldn't leave my head.

ForgettingAllITrustHim - i didn't really get this acronym when i first heard it. It was something that Steve Hawkins told us in one of his sermons during ETCBC Summer Conference 1993. i was 9 (i'm an octobaby) and i'm 19 now, but it's something that has stuck with me over the years and as i grew up, matured as a person and gained more life experiences (some good, some bad) i started to understand the whole concept of blind faith. i've had to continually put my trust in the one and only constant in my life - God.

so this is what i want. my faith to be strengthened. i want to be renewed in Christ, because lately, i have been feeling as though my spiritual life has been at a standstill. i want to please my Heavenly Father. i want to believe and trust in the one who deserves all the glory and honour forever and ever...

i want to walk by faith.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see...and without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." - Hebrews 11:1,6

0 comments: