Tuesday, December 21, 2004

just another day at the...athletic complex?

in case any of you have any wierd ideas or visualizations of this girl (me) lifting weights, or running on a treadmill, let me crush that thought with this one: the only time i go to the AC here is if i am writing an exam there. hahha. i know, it's a waste, but that's just how things have worked out so far. who knows? maybe in the future i'll go there, and um...do the stuff there that people do, but until then, you'll only see me there with a pen, pencil, eraser, writing an exam.

anyway, i had my last exam today! :) nevertheless, my trip there was quite eventful. with my three hours of sleep, i kept spacing out and during my spaced out periods i would catch random things happening in the exam room.

newbie procter:
poor newbie procter. he had no idea what to do with those green sign-in sheets. i know what you're thinking, how can you mess up the sign-in sheets? ladies and gentlemen, let me just let you know, that it IS possible to mess this up. about 1 hour into the exam after a whole truckload of people had gone, i saw him go up to my teacher and say something about the sheets. all of a sudden my teacher was like, "you're not supposed to let them go without signing in. never. now our count [of the students doing their exams] will be off." heehee. apparently newbie proctor hadn't finished his rounds, and students in his row just upped and left. i think that my teacher was a little annoyed with that. ahhaha. poor new proctor man. he was told in front of the whole gym. although, probably not a lot of people heard it...mainly because i was sitting in the second row, and like...listening to what they were saying. haha. *cough* anyway...moving on.

procter/teacher with the loud shoes:
there's nothing worse than sitting in a quiet exam room, when all of a sudden you hear "click clock click clock". (excuse my poor sound description, i didn't know how else to describe the annoying clatter of this procter's heels.) not only that, it seemed as though she thoroughly enjoyed the sound of her shoes, and proceeded to walking everywhere possible. ahhhhh! i was gonna go insane. almost wanted to rip off her shoes and throw them out the window. hehehe. click clock click clock. i had three hours of sleep, and this morning a car alarm went off outside my window. ahhhh. i just didn't want anymore unnecessary noise, u know? i think there should be a rule, that procters can't wear heels. actually, i'm not sure if she was a procter. i think she may have been the italian teacher. argh. good thing i want to take spanish. :P

jacket thief?:
alright, so during another time when i had spaced out during my exam, i saw some girl standing by my stuff, and she kinda just dumped my jacket on the floor when she was getting her stuff. so i was kinda like, grrr. (the floor is gross!) but then she put it onto the table behind her so it was okay...until...she picked up my jacket and took off. meanwhile, i was sitting in my chair having a heartattack. literally. i mean, what could i do?! i was writing my exam!!!! i felt so helpless. so, i did the only thing i could think of doing and raised my arm in desperation. well, 5 seconds later, i saw the girl come back, and put my jacket on the floor and pick up another jacket that looks EXACTLY like mine from the floor beside it. which is wierd, because my jacket isn't exactly the most common, u know what i mean? so what are the chances that i happened to put my stuff down beside hers? anyway, so later when i was picking up my stuff, i realized that the unintentional jacket thief must have noticed that the jacket she picked up wasn't hers, because i had stuffed my scarf into my jacket sleeve. ahh. so glad that i picked up that habit in junior kindergarten and it stuck. :) *phew* in any case, i have my jacket. things are good.

and who said laurier wasn't eventful? haha. :P

wow. third year is half over. where did the time go?

0 comments: