Tuesday, March 08, 2005

the end of the year is near...

hey that rhymes! that's awesome. hee hee.

despite the fact there is still snow on the ground, cold weather, more snow to come in the forecast (supposedly :P), and ice covering the sidewalks (careful out there!), i'm very conscious of the fact that my third year of university is only 6 weeks away from completion and exams are only a mere 4 weeks away. this fact makes me internally freak out every so often...there's still so much to be done it seems.

things are starting to pick up and i'm trying to catch up/stay on top of my readings and all that junk, while at the same time trying to deal with getting a plan together in my head to fulfill all the prerequisites required to apply for grad school next january. after a week of running around the science building, going to see my academic advisor multiple times, checking and rechecking stuff on the internet and dropping by the registrars office, things are starting to fall into place much better. there are still a few things that i need to work out in my head (concerning whether or not to do my internship to get my MTA), but that doesn't really need that much attention until graduation comes around. finally, i can relax a little. well...after my appointment with dr. rutherford, the biology chair, on thursday...

my decision to actually go through with this grad school thing MAY just kill me, but i'm not about to let it go without a fight.

what do i need now? focus, determination, and plenty of time to think, reflect and refresh.

"all that remains is me and who i am at the end of the day."

(on a side note, toby lightman is really good. i really like her stuff...i've been listening to her almost non-stop the last couple of days.) :)

0 comments: