Saturday, March 05, 2005

seatbelts.

i still remember when i was younger i would sometimes go into my parent's bedroom, and run up to my mom's desk where she sat in her swivel chair doing her work, turn her chair around so she faced me, say "seatbelt! seatbelt!" and she'd laugh, let me onto her lap and hug me really tightly...seatbelts were the greatest. actually, they still are. (and no, i don't care that i'm 21. i think everyone needs them from time to time.) :P

anyway, so i was thinking about my testimony today and as i sat there thinking of the story of how i became a Christian i couldn't help but go back to that moment and thinking about how i was as a ten year old. and to be perfectly honest, i don't know what God saw in me. even now, i'm not sure what He sees in me. but for some reason He saw something; He sees something.

so imperfect, yet loved. so lacking, yet still loved. so underserving, yet so loved.

needless to say all these thoughts running through my mind at the same time, made me feel a little overwhelmed, so i did what any child would do: i ran to my Father, while He sat there though He had a million other things to do, He helped me climb onto his lap, held me and listened as my deepest thoughts and feelings about everything, flowed out of my heart.

and i felt safe. and so loved. i got a much needed seatbelt from God tonight. :) Adonai, great are You.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God [a] ;
He is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah"
- psalm 62:5-8

0 comments: