Saturday, April 30, 2005

what you learn in JK/SK sticks...

things have seemed to just "work themselves out" lately, but i know better - God's hand has been in all of it. I can honestly say that He is definitely looking after me.

anyway yesterday, as i got into my car to drive to church after getting off the phone with a speech pathologist who was returning my phone call, i felt this overwhelming sense of gratitude and a song that i learned at people's (in junior and senior kindergarten) popped into my head. it was our "lunch-time prayer", and every day before lunch we'd sing it as a class with our teacher. yesterday night, after so many years of not singing it, i couldn't help but sing it out loud...

Oh, the Lord is good to me,
and so i thank the Lord,
for giving me, the things i need,
the sun and the rain and the appleseed,
the Lord is good to me,
Johnny Appleseed, Amen.


the best thing is, God has already provided me with all the "things that i need". all this other stuff that He has blessed me with on top of those things just testify to how wonderful, loving and gracious He is. :)

0 comments: