Monday, September 19, 2005

grey hair and wrinkles, here i come.

so today in physiology my teacher was talking about homeostasis, the negative feedback loop, and heat stroke (which can occur when the negative feedback loop fails.) anyway, one of the examples he used was Gabriele Andersen-Scheiss who suffered from heat stroke during the first women's marathon race at the 1984 olympics. thankfully she survived to tell her story. never realized how deadly (and i mean that literally) heat-stroke is until today.

anyway, as my teacher was talking about Andersen-Scheiss he was like, "yah, many of you were probably born by the time this happened in 1984 right?" and i sat there nodding my head, because i'm a 1983 baby. but as i looked around everyone else was sitting there SHAKING their heads and saying "no". (physiology is a second year course.) i even saw a girl in the row in front of me turn around and say to her friends who were sitting beside me, "i feel so young." after seeing the response from the class, my teacher said, "man, don't i feel old."

so do i.

0 comments: