Saturday, September 19, 2009

bad apples

my macbook stopped working yesterday.

i heard clicking noises and the whole thing froze up so i, and in retrospect this probably wasn't the best thing to do but oh well, did a cold reboot because usually that works. then things went crazy and my computer went bonkers. :(

first came the darkened screen. then came the beeps. then came the flashing file folder with the question mark instead of the apple. then came the disk utility repair attempt fails. then came my attempts to reinstall mac osx only to find that my hard drive wasn't even listed as a location to reinstall it anymore. o_O then after my three hours of looking things up on the internet, trying the things i found on the internet (from legit sites, obviously), and cussing at the damn thing, i gave up. i couldn't even call up applecare because everything happened after 9pm, ughhh.

long story short, my macbook is dead. and my hard drive is probably a goner too.

so...it's off to the genius bar today. all i can say is, good thing i bought applecare.

0 comments: