Tuesday, November 10, 2009

cooking corner: chili con carne

from monday to thursday, my housemates and i cook for each other and eat dinner together. it's nice to be able to eat, laugh, and chat with them after a long day at school plus it's convenient in that everyone only has to cook one day a week.

anyway, my housemates cook good food. i've never eaten so well at school before and as a result, i've felt the need to up my game a little. ok, a lot. gone are the days of instant noodles for dinner everyday (although i totally still have it for lunch sometimes, haha) and here are the days of cooking better and healthier food. yep, i've been slowly expanding my 'cooking repertoire' and have - so far - cooked things like curry chicken, pasta and soup, and shepherd's pie.

tonight was my night to cook again and this is what i made: chili con carne



it was my first time ever making chili, but my housemates said it tasted really good so everyone was happy tonight. i also made rice to go with it but the rice didn't make it into the picture. :P my goal is to hopefully cook as well as my mom one day...yah, i have a long way to go, but i feel like i'm slowly improving. slowly. :)