Thursday, November 26, 2009

OT practicum: term one, week two

i'm just about halfway through my first placement and i've been learning tons as a result of the super steep learning curve. actually, everyday i leave the hospital excited but exhausted - and acutely aware of how little i actually know, haha. my preceptor is still just as cool as she was last week and i really appreciate how she encourages me to ask questions and actually do things as opposed to just standing around watching all the time. while it's nerve-wracking being 'thrown to the wolves' (as she so nicely put it at one point), i think i've learned a lot through being pushed to be more involved in patient care. thankfully, my preceptor recognizes that this is my first placement in my first term of OT school (read: she is fully aware that i have no idea what i'm doing, haha) so that helps to take off some of the pressure.

in any case it has been two weeks since i've started practicum and i'm still enjoying it so i think this is a good sign. :)

0 comments: